The focus of the session is on how dementia changes communication and possible alternate communication strategies which may be helpful.
We also discuss dealing with over-reactions of a person with dementia and how to support the person who is distressed.
- How dementia changes a person’s ability to communicate
- Recognise situations when communication is likely to be difficult for the person with dementia and better understand why this might be so
- Use a range of simple strategies to enhance communication
- Respond more effectively with unusually emotional reactions by the person with dementia
- Draw from a range of ‘Tips and Hints’ for making the most of the moment with the person with dementia
Family and friends of a person diagnosed with dementia who already have a basic understanding of dementia and who need assistance with effective communication.
Catering: Morning Tea provided
Cost: Pension $10, Non-Pension $15
Bookings essential, places are limited. Register online here or call Lisa Reed on 1300 526 576